North Cyprus Tourist Board - New member first post
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New member first post

New member first post

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

elsie

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Everyone, We are thinking of making our first property purchase in the north later this year, and would like to know if anybody could give us a a true reflection of what the property market in the north is like at the present time. Having read some of the posts I am a bit confused, we are looking for a two bedroom resale property with Title Deeds ready. We are considering all areas of north Cyprus. Look forward to any replies.

rtddci

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Personally, I could not in all conscience, recommend you buy in North Cyprus, full stop. Too many risks, not enough safeguards. Remember the bottom line that the TRNC government doesn't really want foreigners buying property in their country. I know this will no doubt upset a few on this forum but then the truth often does. Why not stay safe, visit when you want and rent what you want, without the worry?

fatboy

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

just go for it .ignore the neg.if you think you're getting vhm enjoy.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Elsie - for what it's worth, I would agree with rtddci. However, my husband would differ!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

J

cronos

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Elsie (eddie?)

rtddci makes some valid points.

If you are attracted to NC by the low prices , you will found out that they are cheap for a reason....the main one being that it might never be yours !

If you are attracted to NC for it's unspoilt charm,the friendly people,the sunshine,the slow pace of life etc.....then why not take rtddci's advice and RENT long term....and see how things pan out with the latest round of "talks".

Finally...if you are determined to buy...then bargain hard !

It is definitely a buyers market.....supply far outstrips demand....shop around and ask for reductions of around 25% on list price.

Good luck !

newlad

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Elsie,

My advice to you would be to see how the talks pan out and wait till the autumn when i believe everyone will know alot more about the property issues.Take your time as it is a buyers market and will remain so for a while.Welcome to the forum,

Paul.

fire starter

Message Posted:
17/02/2009 06:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

elsie

rent for a coupe of years, then see if you still want to buy.

the trnc is not everyones cup of tea.

when you have a holiday or holiday home here, it is very different from living here full time.

welcome to the forum.(hard hat required,lol)

negativenick

Message Posted:
17/02/2009 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Mess 1 - do'nt buy - rent, you still get the sunshine and none of the problems that us purchasers have had...

if it doesn't work out, you can go back to the UK....

Nick

spider

Message Posted:
17/02/2009 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

good luck,and if i dont work out,join the over 50s backpack friends.always a place to visit..a new start.its who you are that gets you friends in life,and who you are that keeps them,and i have such a lot of very True and dear friends i can depend on,no matter what part of the world i go to.and have made true friends here.do it without any fear,and you wont go far wrong.life is given to us to live,a long time dead..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.