North Cyprus Tourist Board - Disgusted by certain Turquoise Bay owners
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Disgusted by certain Turquoise Bay owners

Disgusted by certain Turquoise Bay owners

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

lazza1

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 33 in Discussion

I am fuming that I have just been sent an email by Glencoe management asking for a vote of confidence. These great people have been brilliant to me and my family everytime we have been over. They've helped in emergencies and are NOT responsible if certain things have not been finished on time. Where would we be without them. Overgrown gardens, sh1t running down the streets, rancid swimming pools...WHAT!!!

It is disgusting that certain stubborn people will not pay their charges and have left Glencoe having to send an e mail like this. I don't blame them. How these people have the cheek to show their faces I don't know. Do they use any of the swimming pools. Paul ban them from the Bar. They are bringing down and threatening the whole development. i find them petty and dispicable. Some people get off on being difficult and ruining things for others. Give them some of their own medecine. Turn them into social lepers and drive them out before they bring us all down. LIVID!!!

Pipie

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 33 in Discussion

Lazza 1

Hopefully there is a UK meeting being planned to discuss matters concerning TURQUOISE BAY . Maybe this will help suggest ways forward for those owners wishing to attend . Hope this helps .

griffin9870

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 33 in Discussion

Pipie, I think you will fine that the certain stubbern people he is refering to is you.

Again I will point out that you are holding a meeting which the vast majority of owners, will be unable to attend i.e. Russians, Germans, Turkish Cypriots, Scandinavians, Turks, people who live in Australia, the Gulf states etc., all these people own on Turquoise bay, you have not communicated with them to inform them of meetings, you have not invited OS-IN, who are the developers & own a number of apartments, you have not invited Glencoe and I know you have not requested any list of owners from the relevant bodies.

Without these people any meeting hosted by yourself is meaningless.

griffin9870

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 33 in Discussion

This is a copy of the posting I made on the Glencoe website:

I have read with interest the posts and threads that have been occuring between you and a certain person, I will even admit that I have also posted on the subject of non payers (despite a hatred of posting). I think many will agree that this person has hurled some extremely abusive and unjustified accusations you/your team and that her actions were unjustifiably offensive.

to be continued:

griffin9870

Message Posted:
02/04/2009 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 33 in Discussion

cont....

Throughout the entire time, I feel that all at Glencoe have done all they could, making every attempt to solve the problem. I compliment you/your team on your self-control, and in handling the situation in such an exemplary manner. I know many people do not like posting (myself included) but I would urge everyone regardless of location to publicly support the management team who have worked from an extremely difficult position on behalf of all apartment owners. Then perhaps we can draw a line under the whole thing and make Turquoise Bay the site it should be.

Regards Emma (B16)

I still stand by this and feel that pipie is yet again hijacking another thread and knows no shame. Hope this helps.

Pipie

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 01:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 33 in Discussion

Forgot to say Glencoe were invited to the meeting two days ago and developer and management will be invited also .

kellybelly

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 03:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 33 in Discussion

This is not my business,but you all need to pull together,good luck Pete

glencoe

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 33 in Discussion

In short reply to Pipie

We were invited to "quote" PART OF THE MEETING "unquote"

Even though our investment is significantly higher than her daughters in Turquoise bay.

Pete, thanks this is just what the vast majority are trying to do.

Pipie

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 33 in Discussion

Pulling together is the only way forward and a meeting is the only way all views,concerns,issues etc can be aired .if Glencoe wants to be there for the whole of the meeting that is fine no probs .

griffin9870

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 33 in Discussion

Again I ask about the Russians, Germans, Turkish Cypriots, Scandinavians, Turks, people who live in Australia, the Gulf etc,. Have you made arrangements for them? Will you offer to compensate them for flights, accommodation, loss of earnings?

Any meeting that does not include these people will be of no use as you are not offering the vast majority the chance to pull together and will by default achieve nothing.

Or perhaps it can be viewed a different way, if the vast majority do not go to your meeting, perhaps it is because they feel that they have NO ISSUES to air and that they are happy with Glencoe. Now that's food for thought, I vote for a show of no confidence in your meeting.

david123

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Pipie,

Could you please tell me where this meeting is?

Thanks.

David.

Pipie

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 33 in Discussion

griffin9870

The meeting is not about as you put it NOT being happy with Glencoe , the meeting would be about issues/concerns regarding owners investments , and a sensible way forward is a meeting , anyone who cannot attend could have there points raised discussed , full minutes would be sent to all owners who could not attend , All invloved would be kept in the loop so to speak .

lazza1

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 33 in Discussion

Totally agree and it is obvious who I am referring to. "No sauna" I'll put up a shed on your terrace or balcony and you can sit in that to your hearts content I'm sure it will be hot enough.

Totally agree with Griffin. There are no issues. Glencoe's patience and work should be applauded. One person is causing problems and if she carries on we will have a lot more to worry about than a poxy sauna and whether all the pools are open all of the year.

I don't know if this is now a battle of wills and you're just the most stubborn obstinate person I've come across. Stop the water. It's the only way...pay up or pack up. One person should not be allowed to ruin it for all of us reasonable people. Have you ever heard of the word "democracy"????

Simon Apt 15:04

Pipie

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 33 in Discussion

David at present the meeting does not have a date as numbers are needed for a venue , it would be more beneficial for all of this to be organised with the help of Glencoe and not on this forum .

david123

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Pipie,

Ok thanks for the reply

David.

Pipie

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 33 in Discussion

LAZZA1

If you think there are no issues , fair doos ,but there are owners with issues and in all fairness these owners have a right to air there views .

griffin9870

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 33 in Discussion

That is why Glencoe sent out the email

quote:

'I had no wish for the contents of the letter sent out to all owners to end up on a public forum (44) however, overnight we have had some 20 responses to it, all of them 'so far' say STAY, except for one which, instead of answering the question directly, posed further questions.'

Wonder who that was?

david123

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 33 in Discussion

I wonder who that was?

I have one clue, the person must have loads of money.

Talking about a UK meeting and going to fly all the Glencoe team over in the private jet and all the Russians, Germans, Turkish Cypriots, Scandinavians, Turks, people who live in Australia, the Gulf states etc.

May they own BA and forgot to tell us.

Thanks.

David ( co pilot for the jet)

Pipie

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 33 in Discussion

Video link can be set up for all to participate no matter where you are if this is needed it could be arranged .

david123

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Pipie,

What a great idea.

Maybe you could be on video link so when you don't answer the questions we can switch you off.

David.

japeal

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 33 in Discussion

As a nuetral to this theme, why does Glencoe seem to being appluded by all, yet be suffering because of maintenace fees being withheld? Surely if Owners have issues with the builder, why not take your issues to the builder, pay Glencoe the maintenance fees, keep your site looking good and deal with the builder. Everytime I visit your site it always looks good, as with any site occasional problems occur but Glencoe seem to respond very well when required

griffin9870

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 33 in Discussion

May I ask just how many have actually confirmed about the meeting?

I personally would like to hear your daughter's opinion on this as it is her apartment, not yours, yet you seem to do all the posting on this and you are organising the meeting, whilst your daughter has remained silent. Surely your daughter is capable of voicing her own opinion.

david123

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Japeal,

I have said this to Pipie on other threads but she does not get it you have hit it on the head in one.

But all she does is slag Glencoe off for doing there job and try and give Glencoe the blame.

These are the two emails I had from her about 20 minutes ago.

David .

Like it or like it not there are issues on Turquoise bay , the meeting is purley to find out owners views on how we can try and iron out these issues , we all want the best for investments and a meeting is the only positive i have seen so far .

Pipie .

and this

David .

Forgot to say , if you are willing to attend , you could always represent Glencoe , ( if they could not attend that is ), this meeting is not going to be a slanging match i can assure you , it is going to be a proper meeting organised professionally , with a chair person and minutes for all to be kept up to speed . If Glencoe was to be willing to participate it would be even more productive .

lazza1

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 33 in Discussion

I think the meeting is going on at Excell London as we speak. Under the guise of the G20 meeting they are actually debating whether under the contract the swimming pools on turquoise bay have been 2 degrees above that which was originally promised as a result France(ie Pipie), always a difficult nation, have refused to any stimulus package.

Video links???? Ridiculous.

Write your grievances down. Send them to the builder. If he does nothing sue him. NOTHING TO DO WITH GLENCOE. Why should they run a loss making business for us..I wouldn't.

japeal

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 33 in Discussion

As I understand it Glencoe are a Maintenance company, nothing to do with the site build, why make everone on the site potentially have to suffer with the state of the site by withholding your fees?

Fees are paid to ensure facilities that you have are correctly maintained, by withholding fees your site will suffer, many happy owners will be discriminated against, lack of proper maintenance can take an awful long time to get back to acceptable standards.

I would recommend you all pay up, those with problems with the builders can always withhold final payments for their properties, but at least keep your site in good state of repair.

Compare your site maintenance company with other sites, that if they are lucky have only one or two personnel on site, yours has plenty of available site mainenance personnel, they deserve to be paid wages for committing themselves to their jobs they could easily go where they would be appreciated!

david123

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 33 in Discussion

continued

This is the sort of person we are dealing with always looking at ways to bring people down,

and as you can see Glencoe are doing a great job.

As you know Greg and the Glencoe team have to do so much to keep everyone happy and this takes a lot of patience, and this all could stop if they did what you said and pay up and contact the builder, but no they would rather cause the company and the owners so much stress.

So when these people go to have a nice holiday lets just hope these people let Glencoe carry on keeping it to the high standards that they have been.

Thanks

David

lazza1

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 33 in Discussion

In a nutshell Japeal. A perfect summation.

david123

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Griffin,

Msg 22, maybe someone is not telling the TRNC goverment the truth.

Thanks.

David

griffin9870

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 33 in Discussion

Hi David,

I wouldn't presume to know the answer to that, but I do have my suspicions.

Keeping on thread, I would like an answer to the question's I posted though.

Also I have given this a lot of thought and would like to know who would be paying for the venue? Who would be chair person etc, who made that decision. How would the video link from the venue work - which puts us back to payment. What consideration has been made for time difference for each country and the video link.

I truly think that this has not been properly thought through. Therefore, I suggest that pipie's daughter (as we know, pipie does not own the apartment)should not use the money for the venue, but instead pay off her debts to the management company. This I feel would make the vast majority of apartment owners very happy and I could stop having to reply to this complete rubbish.

david123

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Griffin,

Well said.

Funny she has gone all silent!

David.

glencoe

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 33 in Discussion

Hello all - could we please stop this it has now got out of hand and mud slinging is not going to solve anything.

I am not going to bring things onto a public board nor am I going to allow the forum on our web site to degenerate into garbage.

We are working as best we can and now with almost all contributing we hope to make some major advances on the complex in the next month or so.

If a meeting is required may I suggest it is held in the TRNC at a central point in Girne and it can easily be attended by directors of Developers - management company - maintenance company - owners, for example we are privvy to when owners are visiting and could easily tell when the most owners would be in residence.

Now please - no more.

simbas

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 33 in Discussion

This thread is now closed.

Reason: Thread was serving no purpose.

******** Pn . Decision made on the basis of some of the delicate posts , that really should have been discussed off board . --------- Simbas

gooligan

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 33 in Discussion

Simbas strikes again.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.