North Cyprus Tourist Board - Uk made sofas are now available in trnc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Uk made sofas are now available in trnc

Uk made sofas are now available in trnc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Uk made sofas are now available in trnc from tetrad and contrast

http://www.tetrad.co.uk/english/styles.asp

Where you may ask follow road from girne to lefcosia across roundabout you will seee DIVANI on your left take the first left and follow the road about 500 meters an you are there.

The products displayed are very very good the showroom is 1st class.

You can contact fetanet can on 0533 861 2020 if you want more details.

Having sold the products in the uk I can say that should you be wanting to buy UK quality sofas here in trnc then a visit to this showroom is a must.

simbas

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Hi littlenige , should'nt we be supporting the nc economy , or have i got it wrong and they are actually being made in nc ?

have a good day , simbas

Littlenige

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

They are made in the uk and are being Imported by fehma trading company a trnc ltd company.

If you are suggesting we should only buy products made in trnc then I think you should think again.

fastclick

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

As long as we are not bombarded with DFS adverts day and night Christmas supper sale Whitsun clearance Easter extravaganza. summer special deals and on and on and on.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

here here fast click.

I was on my way to lefkosia yesterday and spotted it so popped in and was well impressed.

It is a t/c company importing stuff of a very high quality.

simbas

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

hi littlenige , sorry i should have worded it differently i think . i should not have said we as in its entirety , it is purely a personal thing with me that i buy all locally made and produced items , i feel that i am doing something to boost the economy , i am not suggesting that we all should do the same thing , but it would be nice

have a good day , simbas

rtddci

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

My experience has been, show them the photo of what you want and they will make it! Ronnies is a very good example and excellant quality. Not as cheap as some UK prices but at least you know it has been hand made locally. Berhans is another although their workshop is in Turkey I believe.

Martin

Tiggy

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Simbas,

If it is imported from the UK, then it is more than likely has been exported to the UK first.....not much made at home these days! Hope it is, as this will show that company's are finally waking up to the NC market.

They do look nice and will have a look when over (No prices listed?) Will also be looking at Turkish furniture makers as well.

simbas

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

hi tiggy , i hear what you say , and you are right about import and export . and it is down to personal choice at the end of the day ,

you have a good day , simbas

Tiggy

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Simbas,

Nice and sunny here in London...so having a good day so far!

Hope you are having the same.

Well we are hoping to get all our stuff we need from local suppliers, if we can get good value. We are not skinflints, just like to get what we like for a good price. I will indeed have a go at bartering the price down. Some people get embarrassed and may well have been able to save a considerable amount if they speak up.

simbas

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

hi tiggy , yeh it's nice and sunny here in tring also , makes a change from the rain , not too bad a day so far , yeh i know what you mean about battering , it's the culture in some countries and is expected . when we were furnishing our houses in africa we started at a quarter of what they were asking , and end up paying half which is still more than the locals pay , but i am of the mind that if i am happy to pay the price then i will , even if its over the odds , but even when you go to the food market its the expected thing to do . now 32 yrs later i can barter with the best of them , when are you over in nc ? i will be there 24th april for 10 days

kind regards pat

Tiggy

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Simbas,

What a pity, we are in Othello I from 31st May for 10 days. curtosy of Troy Lake, they are even picking us up and dropping us back to the airport as part of the purchase deal. (not bad eh!)

We are going looking to price goods for the future and to get to know the surrounding area and tour the Island.

We will indeed meet up sometime, look forward to it.

P.

rtddci

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

One lesson we learnt was that we wished we had brought more furniture especially electrical white goods over in our container. You get nothing for second hand stuff in the UK but boy can it be expensive in NC. Even with cost of shipping still works out cost effective. Worth a thought.

Martin

simbas

Message Posted:
26/02/2008 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Hi tiggy , yes it is a pity , but never mind we will meet up one day . troy lake still picks us up at the airport if we fly in to larnaca 4 yrs later ,they really do give a quality after sales care,

you take care , pat

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.