North Cyprus Tourist Board - please send your comment for AL SHAHEEN restaurant
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > please send your comment for AL SHAHEEN restaurant

please send your comment for AL SHAHEEN restaurant

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

alshaheen

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

hi every body,

please send me your comment or advice for AL SHAHEEN Restaurant in karakum girne and Salamis Famagusta or email ....alipak741@yahoo.com

thank you

ımtiaz

Mr MAC

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

Hi we have property in Ozankoy and were out late April and had 3 wonderful meals in your restaurant, including the 'Saturday night' deal which was good value. We liked the choice of having any curry mild, medium or hot which was useful when we took my 80 year old mother who can only take mild curries !!!

Out again end of June so see you then!!

Brian

negativenick

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

Neg Nick 8/10 - Nice place, nice people and nice food....

Deffo one to have in your black book...

Well done !

nick

karakum5c

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

Good food but service not good, they dont cope well when it gets busy. A pity as it is my local Indian restaurant.

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

again good food but when busy the service is poor, this would put me off returning due to having to wait too long for our food shame..........

alshaheen

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

thank you very much for your comments.we know when we are very beasy the service is bit slow.some time people come togather and we are in 30 minut full.before is very hard to find good waiter but now we have 2 more waiters.we hope you get good servic with good food.

all the time trying hard to make good food and service.

AL SHAHEEN

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
27/05/2009 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

Service a bit slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I'm afraid I don't agree, if you want to have your meal and be in and out in 45 mins then yes it is islow. BUT surely when we go out for a meal you want to make a night of it don't you.

Trudy

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

Where about is the one is Karakum? And whats the Sat night deal?

Karanfil

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

Al Shaheen at Karakum is on the right hand side of the road past Lemar Supermarket heading towards Ozankoy and just past the turning for Oscars Resort. The Saturday night deal is for a starter and main course or main course and sweet and includes a beer or glass of wine for 22 tl. The main course comes with chappatis, riata and a choice of rice. It is extremely good value and the food is excellent. We are regular customers and highly recommend this restaurant.

Trudy

Message Posted:
28/05/2009 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

I shall try and make it next saturday then! Thanks for your review.

cathy-tj

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

In order to improve service of restaurant, i suggest you install a waiter calling system in your restaurant, it will provide customer and restaurant itself with lots of convinience. It includes calling buttons that could placed on tables, and display screen carried by waiters. When customer need service he or she only need to press button on table then waiters will receive the message and offer service in time. You can find more detailed content on website such as http://www.finyelectronics.com ... ...

Jimmyboy63

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

Why don't you just have a bell on the table and ring it when you requre service.......

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

Waiter calling systems are all well and good if you have enough waiters, If you haven't then the service will still be poor. AL SHAHEEN has done the right thing by employing more waiters and all it requires is a head waiter that is in control and can determine when service at a table is required and then dispatches a waiter to take the order.

PMF68

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

I hate being negative but went there last night and thought it was not much good. I had heard good reports and had not been for about 12 months, will being going back to my normal indian Jashans by far and away the best here. My curry last night tasted like a bowl pf perfume.

Lilli

Message Posted:
31/05/2009 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

cathy if only we could get that system here . It may make life easy. People however love personal service and every restaurant deserves a chance. PMF68 im sorry you did not have a good experience maybe an off night. Please give them another try xxxxxx

PMF68

Message Posted:
02/06/2009 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

Lilli

Our friends who recommended Alshaheens went there last night and said they thought it had gone down the hill since there last visit, they actually said that there must be a different chef there from when they last went there which I think was November last year, they are only holiday makers unlike me who actually live here.

cathy-tj

Message Posted:
03/06/2009 04:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

It is true that service plays a very important role in the running of a restaurant. Personnally, i really agree that restaurant should try it's best to offer customer prompt and convinient service. Customer usually become impatient when they can't get timely service, and they have to cry out loudly or keep waving hands, restaurant calling system can help to solve this problem, it includs buttons that placed on tables, and display sreen carried by waiters, when customers need service he just need to press buttons and then waiters will receive it. You can find the similar products on website such as http://www.finyelectronics.com

karakum5c

Message Posted:
03/06/2009 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

RE-MESSAGE 7-IT WAS SLOW SERVICE INDEED AND WE DON`T WANT TO BE IN AND OUT IN 45MINS AS WE WERE ON HOLIDAY!!!

We waited for over an hour for food then we left. It was very frustrating as a lot of tables who arrived after us got food and were even getting their bill and we were left sitting with a starving child who kept saying when are we getting ours!

dynamicduo

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

As lovers of Indian Cuisine, we have sampled many restaurants on the island, and usually find ourselves eating at AL SHAHEEN. The main reasons being the quality of the food, the hospitality of the staff and management who can't do enough to ensure that your meal is as enjoyable as possible. All main courses are served on extremely HOT PLATES (and we mean HOT!!) The Saturday evening 'Curry Night Special' at 22TL should not be missed, and currently the Sunday Lunch at 15TL is a steal. We wish all concerned the very best in these hard times and hope all others dining at this INDEPENDENT restaurant, enjoy the food as much a we do!

chilli

Message Posted:
23/08/2009 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

it is the best ive had, tried Jashans, everthing tatses the same, Orleander,rough,Punjab,bland .

Al Shaheen is the best. I only ever go out to eat curries and have never had any complaints. If you like it hot ask for a Lindyloo! is a tad hotter than a Vindaloo.

Linda

zerochlor

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

hello al shaheen

some friends came to your restaurant when you had the abba divers or deevers on,you had a packed house,around 102 was the head count i beleive.

the 3 people came for a meal,didnt realise it was a fixe menu that night,but decided to stay just the same.

when your waiter give the fixed menu the 3 customers,mom,dad,daughter realised you had no vegitarien food on the fixed menu, the mother asked your waiter if you could cook the girl a vegi curry, your reply was,sorry to busy but we can take out the chicken from the curry and she can have just curry sauce with rice and chapatti,thats fine if ur so busy. to add injury to insult,when 3 turkish cypriot or cypriot guys came in the restaurant and sat at a table across from the 3 customers,your waiter give them a menu,when there food arrived befor the 3 customers who were told it was a fixed menu,and no vegi meal,the 3 guys didnt have the fixed menu,they had steak and other food,when the lady asked you why they got to order

zerochlor

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

continued

from the menu.your answer was, well they are turkish!

im just a messenger,but the people who it concerns will be writing them self once they have settled back in the UK.

im wondering if being turkish or any other nationality other than british gets you a menu when your doing a fixed menu night?

explanation please?

SaraP

Message Posted:
27/08/2009 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

I thought that the service was good and friendly. I think the currys could be improved by using more fresh ingriedients ie; fresh corriander, more peppers, tomatoes,garlic,fresh chillies. Perhaps add a bit more sweetness to the currys as they taste a bit bland sometimes with all that curry powder.

alshaheen

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

reply for message 21 and 22

hi zerochlor

thank you for the comments.tuesday night we have abba divas night and we are very beasy this why we have fix 2 course menu.and i also give in cyprus today papper on tuesday 2 course 30tl.for childrens we have 13tl.

ı say sorry for your frıend if they did not get vegetables dish.this week vegetable curry and vegetable bake on the menu.we have choice of 5 starters or desserts from a la crate and choice of 7 main course.

thoese night 3 turkish people they book week ago and we told we have fıx menu but they said we donot eat curry.just give us 3 steaks.for us all customers is same ıf is any nationality.

ıf for any reason you get any problem.please ask to speak to IMTIAZ (Maitre d'hotel)who will endeavour to rectify any queries you may have......thank you

IMTIAZ (AL SHAHEEN RESTAURANT)

kelvin

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

Never had a problem with the food in al shaheen, Always found it excellent, staff very friendly too. One of the nice touches in al shaheen is if you ask for a whisky and coke or a vodka and lemonade, or what ever your tipple is, he buys the small bottles of coke/lemonade so you dont get a flat one!! A lot of bar/restaurants buy the 1.5/2 ltr bottles which i find are flat half way down, its obviously cheaper for him to buy big bottles but he chooses not too. Its also spotless in there, take a look behind the bar inside..

A+ from me, food and drink.!

Carndi

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

Nice to see a resturant asking how to improve the service but in the case of Al Shaheen there is no need. Service always good,staff always pleasent and the food always good.

Karanfil

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

We went to Al Shaheen last night and the curry was delicious as always. The portions are generous and the staff always ask if everything is ok. If you want a good curry there is only one place to go - Al Shaheen.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

Message 24

thanks for the reply imtiaz

good explanation

alshaheen

Message Posted:
28/08/2009 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

thank you very much for your comments.

zerochlor,karanfil,crandi,saraP and linda many thanks for your comments.

hi kelvin we miss you too much on every thursday night.

thank you for your patronage, and we look forward to welcoming you again at

AL SHAHEEN

IMTIAZ

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.