North Cyprus Tourist Board - Car first aid kits
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Car first aid kits

Car first aid kits

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

rtddci

Message Posted:
01/03/2008 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

A friend in the TRNC (yes I do have some) has faxed me (he can't get the internet yet) that a friend of his has been fined 53YTL yesterday for having something missing from his cars first aid kit. Apparently within the kit you must have a tourniquet, several badages, anti biotic fluid. medical wipes, 1 fire extinguisher and 2 reflective triangles.

Anyone have knowledge of this law?

ukturk

Message Posted:
01/03/2008 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

hi rtddci

yes this is law, and when normally you go for the emmisions test and their version of the mot they do normally check this, if you get stopped by police normally they wont look for this, but if they have set up stop search area's which sometimes they do they will search everything even down to the tyre tread so be carefull and warned

regards

ukturk

rtddci

Message Posted:
01/03/2008 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

We are sending over our car which should arrive end of March hopefully ready for when we arrive in April. We have a year to register and pay the import tax I believe. It has a current MOT and UK road tax. Do we still need to get it emission tested? We have owned it for over 5 years and will leave it in NC for when we are over. We visit as tourists 3-4 times a year and have not applied for residency. I'm led to believe that as we have owned it for over 5 years providing we pay the import taxes and register it within the year, that is fine.

Is that correct?

Martin

ukturk

Message Posted:
01/03/2008 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

hi martin

i cant tell you exactly because i have never imported a car in to north cyprus, but i do know firstly you cant import and register a car thats older than 5 years into the country i have heard from some people that have said its 3 years, secondly you would have have owned the car for 3 years, if you import and register a car you will still have to have all the tests on the car even if it has been done in the u.k, im under the impression you will have to be a resident of cyprus to import and register a car

you can thou bring a car into cyprus and drive it free of taxes and tests for upto a year and then you will have to register it pay the tax and do the tests or for the car to leave the country

like i said i have never imported a car into cyprus im just quoting in what i have read and heard from other people, other posters who have first hand experiance in doing this can help you out with all the finer details

regards

ukturk

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
02/03/2008 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

When we had our emissions test carried out it took less than 60 minutes and the guy didn't carry out any checks. He just attached a pipe to the exhaust, printed out the reading and charged us the money. He didn't look in the boot to see what emergency equipment we were carrying.

Karen

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
02/03/2008 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Ukturk,

I may be wrong and probably am but I thought that as long as you owned the vehicle from new you could import it at any age.

Karen

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/03/2008 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

hi karen

i cant comment on this,like i said i have not personally imported a car into cyprus and im only going on what i have read and been told by others, but im sure some of our posters who have done this can answer your question

ukturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.