North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anyone else had a problem getting their deposit back from Sunny Lane??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anyone else had a problem getting their deposit back from Sunny Lane??

Anyone else had a problem getting their deposit back from Sunny Lane??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

louismyrotti

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

As anyone else had a problem getting their deposit back from Sunny Lane School?

I gave notice for my two boys last week and was told that I would not get my deposit back (that they have had for 3 years) as I did not give the notice in within the stated timescale of 3 months written notice within the academic year (which ends 19th June).

I gave 3 months written notice dated the 4th June as they will not return in September, giving them June, July and August as notice.

NOWHERE DOES IT SAY 3 MONTHS WRITTEN NOTICE TO BE GIVEN AND COMPLETED WITHIN THE ACADEMIC YEAR.

elko2

Message Posted:
13/06/2009 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Louisemyrotti,

If you feel confident enough that your contract does not stipulate such a notice all you have to do is sue them and get your money back with interest and costs. If you are wrong, then you have to pay for their costs too. I hope an official of the school comes online and points us towards the relevant clause of the contract.

ismet

Harlequin

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Absolutely par for the course. You don't stand a chance of getting it back.

taraspring

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 01:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

There was a thread about this a couple of months ago.

Try the search engine - top right.

I can't remember the poster, but someone may recall their name?

louismyrotti

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 09:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Elko2

Thanks for your advice. Apparently they update their terms and conditions every year, and we are apparently agreeing to any changes. I have asked for a copy of any relevant paperwork with my signature on, but have so far been given none. I will take this further as the ministry of eductaion would be very interested in such a case, especially as they govern all schools here (Sunny Lane is no exception).

I am sure that if enough parents that had been ripped off got together, then they would have to change their ways. It seems to me that they have no morals at all when it comes to keeping someone elses money.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

HAS any one ever got any money back from unwins in any circumstances ?

elko2

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Msg. 5

The conflict you have is a contractual one and has nothing to do with standards of education, hence it is outside the sphere of the Ministry. Indeed the Primary school run by the University in Famagusta (which is controlled by the government) stipultes that the parents have to pay for the whole year in instalments and they have to pay it even if they withdraw their children from the school prematurely. My wife had such a case and managed to find a loophole in favour of her client to escape from payment. So it is strictly a civil matter and can be resolved properly by courts if need be.

ismet

Trudy

Message Posted:
14/06/2009 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Not suprising as its owned by Unwins....

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.