North Cyprus Tourist Board - Places to eat/drink/visit, Chalcalkoy area
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Places to eat/drink/visit, Chalcalkoy area

Places to eat/drink/visit, Chalcalkoy area

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

Rogerdodger

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 09:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Comming over in August with friends, renting a villa in Chalcalkoy area, (sorry about the spelling) please good place to eat/drink/visit, in and around this area.

negativenick

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

its spelt "Cattlekoy".....

Happy Valley (Injun), Shayna beach bar, Fez, Courtyard.....

smithy

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

I agree Courtyard is great especially on a Monday with curry night and Brian Delaney as Entertainment

give it a try,

michelle3012

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

HI Its 'Catalkoy' and its prnounced 'Cha-tal-koy'

There is the Ani Restuarant in Catalkoy, if you like Fish, Also the Sheraz for European/Pakistani Food, On the Main road is Sultans Turkish Food, Dont bother with Bo Tai Its a rip off rubbish food!

These are the nearest Restuarants.

Have a nice time.

semtcm

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

sultans on the main road is very good for meze - and i have been told that shayna's beach club is very good - although a little pricey 40tl for fish meze...

of course you can always venture into ozanköy - 5 fingers fab roof terrace wonderful views...fab food..Cypriot night every friday.....

old mill - young crowd and sports bar....restaurant

rose garden - one of the few remaining traditional cypriot restaurants left

erols - more expensive but good reputation..cypriot food

liasons , raj and rafters all indian european..

rumours...more of a english pub with snacks....i think....

dream castle - pricey cyprıot restaurant on the outskirts.....

so sorry if i forgot anyone...

Perry

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Roger, if you are coming on holiday, go up to Bellapais - lovely restaurants in a stunning location. Try Kybele in the grounds of the Abbey, or Abbey Bell Tower in the treetops opposite the Abbey. Both great places to eat and spend an evening. In Ozankoy (village next to Catalkoy) a must is Rafters (in lovely old Olive Grove) and Erols (Nice terrace with great views). Finally, it is worth a meal in the harbour to take in the summer evening atmosphere. Set Fish (about half way round) always serves great fresh fish, but it is a little more expensive due to its location. Have a good time - it is a truly wonderful place.

parky

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Best bar is the Fez , the entertainment is first class , especially the Sultana's of swing it is a must.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

The only places we eat in and what we consider the best places to eat in Ozankoy (next village to Catalkoy)are:

1. Old Mill - though I strongly disagree with the description in msg 5 - yes there is a sports bar but that is downstairs, there is an upstairs terrace which is the restaurant during the summer months of which a very varied age group of people go to (though I am sure not many of us would mind being describe as young!!) and the food is excellent. The staff are great and we have never had a bad meal since Sarah took it over.

2. Erol's - Super food and again never a bad meal had here. A little more pricey that the Old Mill but certainly well worth a visit.

3. Raj - I have listed this as I know many people who have been and all seem to rave about it. It caters for European tastes as well as Indian.

I have to agree with Perry in msg 6, a trip to Bellapais is a must ie Kybele the number one choice, with the food and the fantastic views though the Abbey Bell Tower i

Storm

Message Posted:
19/07/2009 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Definitely recommend the Fez. Good food, great ambiance and mixed entertainment - highly recommended.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.