North Cyprus Tourist Board - Best thing about life in TRNC?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Best thing about life in TRNC?

Best thing about life in TRNC?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 33 in Discussion

Hi All

I have enjoyed reading all the topics on cyprus44 and must say that although I am a UK born Turkish-Cypriot and know a lot about TRNC i really have learnt so much more having joined this forum so keep up the good work all. ;-)

I am hoping to sell up in London and move out to the 'mother land' within the next 6 months.

Although there are many topics and views on here about life in TRNC, My question is what is the best thing about living in TRNC that has improved your life since leaving the UK?

livethedream

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 06:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 33 in Discussion

Best thing about living here? Many things, but mainly that the stress levels have reduced and hubby is working (he is Turkish Cypriot who has returned home to the 'mother land'!) for us - not the government, or mortgage lender, etc. etc. etc.

Good luck with your move.

regards, ltd

Kantara

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 33 in Discussion

The best thing here?

The Turkish Cypriots!

They really gave me the feeling to have a home when I moved out here many years ago...

simbas

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 33 in Discussion

hi watusayindave , welcome to the forum , i'm so envious , you will be living on a beautiful island with beautiful people all around you , what else could you need or want for ?? i would be off like a shot if it was'nt for my little granddaughter.

best of luck , regards, simbas

ukturk

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 33 in Discussion

hi dee (that cant be your turkish name)

let me see wots the best thing about k.k.t..c

can it be my family including myself are turkish cypriots and this is my motherland even thou i live most of my time in the fatherland, as soon as i touch down in ercan it feels like im back home, the u.k was my adopted country but thats down to the troubles in the 50's why my familes left cyprus in the first palce, even thou in the villiage there are lot of dedikodus but most of all the people welcome you with open arms

and best thing of it all that all london turkish cypriot people are moving back and it will turn out like haringay-newington green-palmers green-hackney and south london all over again but with sun and sea!!!! LOL LOL

warm regards

ukturk (erkan)

p.s where are you coming from dee is it from the above places i have mentioned!!!! lol

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 33 in Discussion

WhatUsayindave,

Lack of stress in day-to-day living.

Hearing bird song all day long.

Cost of day-to-day living about 75% that of UK.

Driving on roads at a reasonable speed without hold ups.

No traffic cones for miles before the road works are started.

The warm weather, great for my arthritus not to give me to many problems.

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 33 in Discussion

Thank you all so much for all your lovely replies so far ;-)

ukturk (erkan) - My real name is Deren ;-)

I totally understand what you mean about feeling back at home when in Kibris ( Cyprus) , My family are from Yeni Bogazici (Aytotoro ) and it is around here i am intending to buy. My parents have built a home in Karpaz ( Malibu Beach) and are looking forward to an early retirement in the next few years, for now they are back and forth due to a family business back here in the UK.

I know what you mean about the dedikodus (village gossipers) LOL but thats part of the way in the villages, it wouldnt be the same without our older (and young too i suppose!) generation of peoples point of view on things! lol bless them all ;-)

I live in the New Eltham area of south London (se9) , there is a lot of Turkish Cypriots in this area who are returning back home for a better quality of life too. As for me I am just coming out of a 6 year marriage (no kids) and can no longer afford to take on the high interest mortgage and expensive way of life here, I am 27 and already can no longer bare the stress and no quality of life feeling! so with the parents having decided to shift , i have decided i am going to do the same too in search of a better life. I am hoping my luck will change all round once back in the 'mother land' .

I think for me once i am over, the best thing about the TRNC will be my family, and my health, I am a diabetic and find every time i go to Cyprus my diabetes is at its best. Not forgetting of course the beautiful weather, scenery and nene's (grandmother's) cooking ;-) .

ukturk

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 33 in Discussion

hi deren

now way your family is from yeni bogaz so is mine!!!! small world i probably know your fam or if not my family will know yours cos everybody knows each other in yeni bogaz and most are all from london!!!! lol

i guessed right you were from either north london or south and i have many family member who also live brixton,new cross, croydon and new addington

congrats on your divorce and im glad you will be going back to the motherland

and probabley see you around in yeni bogaz im there in june

warm regards

erkan

Lemtich

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 33 in Discussion

I love the mountains. I have a place in Alsancak and from the roof terrace I can see right along the range, I never tire of their changing colours as the day goes on.

Lem

SMKWUK

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 33 in Discussion

hi ya deren,

watUsayindave so you are now a member

Kelly & Spence

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 33 in Discussion

Dave is saying ............... so glad that SMKWUK are doing the same and escaping the rat race too ! LOL

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 33 in Discussion

I am sometimes very tempted to move over but I think I would miss my parents and my lovely friends! I guess they could come and visit but not the same. Plus babysitters!!!! We have then on tap!

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 33 in Discussion

Boredhousewife

i can really appriciate what you are saying, I think if it was not for my parents and friends moving out there i would be a lot more hesitant in my decision.

ukturk - It really is a small world, we are probably related LOL , please feel free to email me dee_edin@yahoo,co.uk where we can exchange names of family members and 'do you know so and so? conversations ;-) I will be going out 2nd August and cant wait .

ukturk

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 33 in Discussion

hi guys

bhw sometimes you have to grab the bull by the horns and have the balls (excuse the pun) to just make a change, belive you me you wont regret it friends come and go and they will always be there living the same mundane life they will never change but you will, you defo look at life at a diffrent perspective, i know what you mean about family they are only a few hours away and there are loads of taps for your kids!!!! lol

smkwuk - cor blimey mate where did you get to one minute you are asking for info if you can live in cyprus on a certain amount the next you go missing!!! hope the info i provided and others was a help to you

deren i still cant belive your family is from the same villiage as mine, you probabley know a few of them cos they are the same age as you gem- eddiz and levent they used to live in the mansion (everyone from villiage knows the mansion) on the left when you come in to the villiage the front side not the back where the football pitch is and your right we are probabley related some where along the line if not we are all cousins anyway you know how us london turks are!!!! LOL

warm regards to you all

ukturk (erkan)

SMKWUK

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 33 in Discussion

hi everyone,

me & my husband to be is going to northern cyprus for are honeymoon to have a look around and see how you are all living the dream and hopefully join you all.

kelly & spence

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 33 in Discussion

Erkan

Yes of course i know the mansion and i know of jem, ediz and Levent ! blimey this website gets better and better ! lol The big mansion house now actually belongs to my first cousins nene. My nene and dede are Fatma & Tevfik Edin who live next door to my Hayriye hala, who has 2 daughters Derya (married to Baris from Tuzla, maybe u know of him?) & Devrim .

You also made a very valuble point about life never changing here .......all work and no play! you either have the money and no time or the time and no money! LOL

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 33 in Discussion

Yes Erkan maybe you are right. Need to persuade hubby, although we have talked about it a few times - not seriously though - just "how about....." - you know when you are having a bad day!! or should I say when hubby is having a bad day at work I try and make him feel better!!!! ( you go and get a job in Cyprus so I can sunbath!!!! LOL LOL!!!!)

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 33 in Discussion

Maybe then you will no longer be a Boredhousewife ! LOL

SMKWUK

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 33 in Discussion

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who has posted/replied to us and the information is great. As my fiancee has stated above, we will be out there for our honeymoon and we cant wait to visit, each time i read the comments on the site, it fuels our desire to move and it cant happen quick enough. So a big thank you to UKTURK, Cleo, And whatyasayindave......With the feedback we have recieved - Cant wait!!!

ukturk

Message Posted:
22/04/2008 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 33 in Discussion

oh my god

i know your nene and dede and your hayriye hala they all live quite close to the park where they have the weddngs if im not mistaken, and yeah i know the mansion was sold ages ago to your first cousins nene was a shame her husband died she lives all alone in that big house!!!! and i think i know baris aswell used to see him at the bowling centre in tuzla and he lives quite close to turker who plays for yeni bogazici football club

so you must know rashit who now lives in chesunt and you must know timur and okan and lil mus aswell as timur and batur

this is getting quite freaky you are probabley related some where along the line!!! LOL

erkan

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 33 in Discussion

MY OH MY ! this is getting very freaky! hehe

Yes they do live close to the 'wedding park' LOL

Aysen nene does live all alone in that massive mansion which is sad but all her grandchildren stay with her when over in kibris, it has a great pool too. ;-)

ok would that be Rasit who has a sister Sibel?, his parents live near the old kilise (church) where they do the folkeler dancing? and if not mistaken his amca i think used to own that mansion house when it was being built?

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 33 in Discussion

Sorry i meant Aysan not Aysen although this is a name too! hehe

ukturk

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 33 in Discussion

you can say that again CUZ!!!!!! LOL LOL

and yes thats the same rasit with his sister sibel, his amca did used to look after the mansion while eddiz mum and dad where still in london saving the money to build the mansion (what good times we had in the house!!!!) even thou he got skanked and eventually run out of money!!!!

erkan

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 33 in Discussion

Well be cuz i will let u into a lil secret (not that it will be a secret on here anymore! lol) many many years ago (12 years actually) Rasit used to be 'my summer sweetheart' you know how it was when a teenager us 'London turks' would go over in the summer hols for 6 - 8 weeks (LOL) and you would have someone you 'hooked up wit' just for the time u were in kibris , then u would come back home and have no contact till the next time u were back in cyprus the following summer ! hehe too funny .

Yes we had some crazy parties in that mansion when it still looked like a building site LOL , even got locked in there one night as the massive front doors did not have a lock or handle on the inside we had to climb out ! The best days of our lives ..........not forgetting the Bediz beach partys too !

ukturk

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 33 in Discussion

i know you!!!!!

i remember his lil summer girlfriend, im sure you was there whe we organised a massive house party that year, mems came over with his decks and his tunes and we had trouble with the zz's

who did not get stuck in the house and had to jump out of back kitchen window cos the patio doors would not open properly!!!!! lol

of course how can i not forget the bediz beach party

and i dont know if you remember cos u mite be a bit too young that year i had a big car accident on the salamis road and smashed up a brand new suzuki vitara that i hired from ozcars, and shemsi took me to the hospital

this is totally freaked me out who wud have thought it meeting up on this site and coming from the same villiage!!!! LOL

very warm regards

erkan

SMKWUK

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 33 in Discussion

watUsayindave,

you can't go anywhere with out knowing someone!!!!!

Kelly

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 33 in Discussion

VERY MUCH BLUSHING NOW! hehe

Yes that was me and i was there ......what a party and what a night! we had many laughs that night and that whole summer!

I do remember about the accident but for some reason can not remember who was involved but i know now, that was awful, i remember being told about it, really sorry you had to go through that . Glad your alright now.

Its been nice chating about the 'old days' tonight has made my evening, Much respect Erkan and will be looking forward to your future advice and village chats lol

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 33 in Discussion

Kelly ........what can i say 'its a turkish thing' lol !

SMKWUK

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 33 in Discussion

im off now speak to you soon, if not ill see you saturday hun

kelly

lol

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 01:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 33 in Discussion

defo see you then. ;-)

ukturk

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 33 in Discussion

its been nice chattin to you too!!!!!

did you always used to knock around with the arifs girls what was there names again nermin and danielle i think what a small small world!!!!!!

im on facebook aswell if you wanna add me as you buddy or shud i say cuz!!!! lol

full name erkan ibrahim network turkey

anyways take care and speak to you soon

one love

erkan

watUsayinDave

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 01:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 33 in Discussion

OMG yes Nermin, Danielle & Sevcan still see Dan and Nermin on a regular basis we all live close by to one another . Gosh cant believe u remember them too !

Will be adding u on facebook CUZ ;-)

Hade take care too and will chat soon.

one love

Deren

ukturk

Message Posted:
23/04/2008 01:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 33 in Discussion

come on who dont know the arifs!!!!! (if you know what i mean) lol

dogan has got the football team named after him and they did a lot for the villiage!!!!

hade good night im off to bed two hours forward getting late

iyi geceler

erkan

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.