North Cyprus Tourist Board - Ezic Restaurant reviews
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Ezic Restaurant reviews

Ezic Restaurant reviews

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

wagon

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Having not been to Ezic for about 6 months, we deceided to go this lunch time.

We went to the one in Kyrenia.

We where the only people in, we now no why

Ordered our meal the salad looked as if it was a week old, sent it back

and they just put a bit more rice on the plate no salad

My partner had Crepe the inside looked like slurry. I had Kiev not butter in it

The Manager asked if we enjoyed our meal explained about what was wrong he said yes I no

Mr Ezic always kept his finger on everthing it used to be great value for money

But alas we will go again

------

Izzet - I changed the subject line to include restaurant keyword and put reviews as well. I hope you don't mind.

TinLondon

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

I know what you mean Stan, I think this place has really nose dived, I went to have a meal at the other Ezic on the Mountain, Ezic Premier and that was just as empty during the day. The chicken shish was not chargrilled as it used to be, instead they looked like pieces of microwaved Iceland Chicken Nuggets! I won't be going to Ezic in the near future - has fresh chicken really gone up that much in price for restaurants to use cheaper alternatives???

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Wagon,

If you dislike it that much why do you say "But alas we will go again"?

Words fail me!

wagon

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

sorry we will not be going again

My pets would have turned there nose up at it

tonykyte

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

We went to Peanuts part of same group absolutely terrible

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Never rated any of the Ezic group, just fast food, peanuts is a nice setting, and thats about it.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Their 'prep' place is in the basement of an apartment block 1/4 mile away from the Girne Restaurant and the amount rubbish it produces which is piled up outside on the Street is vast and is only cleared away once a month or so. A great attraction for vermin but do they care? Obviously not!

Richard

mitsi

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

We went to the Tuesday eve buffet all you can eat and drink for 30tl. Very good value and the food was ok but unexciting. The staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. We had a good chat with them at the end of the night when most of their work was done and they were delightful. However, the seating arrangements were diabolical. 10 of us sat at a long table , men one side women the other, and us females were sat on a bench which meant that whenever one of us wanted to get up, all had to move to let us out!! I ask you and this at a BUFFET. Obviously gonna be a lot of getting up to help ourselves so what a bloody pain that was. The crowd all wanna go again next Tues but We would rather give it a miss, too soon to go again anyway.

pinkchilli

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

I sent my meal back twice.

First time, they bought 4 drumsticks instead of a selection of breast, leg, etc. They told me Kentucky machine broken.

Re-ordered Kiev. Cut it in half, it was pink and uncooked inside. I told them to take it away.

They asked if they could get me anything else, so I asked for the telephone number of the fried chicken restaurant at the bottom of the road!

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Ezic used to be fantastic when it was just the restaurant in Girne. Good food, good atmosphere, polite well organised staff - and above all good value for money.

Since the 'Premier' restaurant has opened the food is expensive and the quality is poor. The only thing that has stayed at a high standard is the staff!!

We used to go quite regularly to the original Ezic and always took guests who were visiting us, but we haven't been for over a year now!!!

I'm sure when Ezic 'Premier' has to close through lack of business Mr. Ezic will blame the Economy or the Government, when he should be looking closer to home.

Elliecy

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Totally agree - we went to Ezic Premier. Absolutely awful, wont be going again!

boerboel

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Sorry folks but no complaints from us. We have been to Ezic Premier with guests from UK three times in the last two weeks and can not complain about anything. We went mostly late afternoon and although no other brits in there it was fairly busy with Turkish surely a good sign in anyones book. We have been a great many times and always take visiting guests - never had to send anything back and have tried pretty much all of the menu.

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

I have been to Ezic several times on my visits over the last 3 years, including 3 visits last month.

The food is always excellent, large portions, friendly efficient staff, marvellous views from the terrace, excellent value.

Only ever been evenings so cannot comment on other times of the day.

Had my 60th birthday dinner with friends in Ezic Premier, best birthday ever.

Tony

KickingK

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

In August we ate at the Premier, not impressed, food was bland, chips soggy & still white. Disapointed as our fussy son always loves going to ezics, but he was also disapointed with the last visit. My husband has always complained that it is fast food just like McD's and with the last visit I had to agree.

Teeej

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

i was in lapta for 8 weeks over the summer and we went to the premier a few times (always in even)and it was always fab xxxthe lads that work there are a gr8 bunch xxx kids love it and them xx

steg63

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Have been going to Ezic the last few years everytime we where in N Cyprus but have to agree with those that have experienced bad meals. On our last visit in July with friends and family the quality of the food had deteoriated greatly and needles to say we wont be going back, well not to the one in Girne anyway. On a more possitive note if the food was as good as those serving it i think there is a chance that people may start using it again. Have to admit prefered it before it got its makeover some time back when the food was a lot better.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
02/10/2009 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Have been to Ezic Platinum a few times - never had a bad meal there.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 09:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

We go to the Ezic Premier Tuesday night buffet on a fairly regular basis with guests from the UK. The food isn't cordon bleu but we have always found it to be well cooked, well presented and above all tasty. In the end, all you are paying is 30TL (about £12) for all you can eat and drink - darn good value if you ask me.

Regards

Paul

Brinsley

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Paul

That's the whole point, 'well cooked'. Asked for rare lamb chops, they came out burnt. My friend asked for a blue steak and it came out well done! They haven't a clue what they are doing in the kitchen, no excuses. Emailed Ezic and the reply was they would retrain their chefs!

I stick to one restaurant (which is not allowed to be named on this forum) where the chef knows what he's doing and knows me well enough not to fob me off with any old rubbish!

Richard

smithy

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

I have only been in the evening but I cannot fault Ezic Premier/Platinum always had great food, and the staff are great, so no complaints from me

icona

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

We went to ezic premier been going for years we went within last couple of days of ramadan everyone in buffet but no one in our party of 12 wanted that so kept to original menu, only 1 person had no complaints.

took 1 hour to get served, had to get our own knives and forks every plate had something missing and the waiter would bring in cold food from the buffet. had a word with the manager, his answer was we are sorry when you come again it won't happen! They may have been busy in the buffet but no one in our section of restaurant. This is where they are going wrong every restaurant has bad days its how you deal with it.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
03/10/2009 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

RE msg 19, Brinsley: (...) the chef knows what he's doing and knows me well enough not to fob me off with any old rubbish! (...)

=> Sorry, slightly off topic, but: I think said chef will not fob off anyone - whether he knows you well or not at all.

Back on topic: Ezic Restaurant.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.