North Cyprus Tourist Board - BARO says 'sorry for all the troubles arising from lawyers'!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > BARO says 'sorry for all the troubles arising from lawyers'!

BARO says 'sorry for all the troubles arising from lawyers'!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Hector

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

I think it worthy of having a seperate topic and reproduce what Feyzi Hansel General Secretary of BARO wrote on NCFP yesterday

"All the day, I have checked the daily newspapers, the comments on Baro, the forums page of Cyprus44 and the above article and I have made some telephone calls even with my advocate colleagues, the chairman of the Baro Mr. Sözmener and Mr. Ustuner (Elko2). I am aware of the reputation of the lawyers as the general secretary of the Baro. I am aware of the problems of the foreign home buyers. If everybody wants to hear a sorry from Baro, I can say on behalf of the Baro, “Sorry for all the troubles arising from the lawyers.” What will change? Will your problems be solved? Unfortunately no. Yes I am aware of some of my advocate colleagues did mistakes. I know that there are too many complaints pending before the disciplinary board. I want to inform you that the disciplinary board is still working on complaints. continued....

Hector

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

continued ..

"I think in a reasonable while, some disciplinary actions will come to end, and the disciplinary board will make decisions on some disciplinary cases. Despite all these efforts of our Boards, your problems will still remain the same. It’s true that the Bar Council have to defend its members rights on one hand; and we are working to achieve this aim. But we are also responsible to defend the clients’ rights against the advocates because of our ethical responsibilities on the other hand. For this reason we have prepared a new Advocates Law and have sent it to the Council Of Minister and the Legislative Assembly three or four months ago. I hope, it will be passed before the new year. By the way, the disciplinary board will gain new practial and operative functions which will result in effective disciplinary judgements and faster disciplinary procedure. Let me give my e-mail account: feyzihansel@gmail.com

Please feel yourself free to write me.

Feyzi Hansel."

Hector

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Genuine and welcome apology? Does this mean that they will strive to prevent mistakes, incompetence, negligence, lies and fraud by TRNC lawyers in the future?

Can this be also read as 'ok I said sorry, but what difference does that make? It doesn't solve the problems that lawyers have caused you and nothing we can do will.' Cyprus shrug?

malsancak

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

There's now an article, "New laws controlling lawyers to be passed in a few weeks?" on http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com where we are trying to pin Feyzi to tell us about these new laws.

Mal

Hector

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Considering the importance of this issue I'm surprised at the lack of reaction on this forum. What message does that send?

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

been shellshocked for to long

pilgrim

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

wait and see only promises todate

elko2

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Hector,

Is there anything left to be said?

ismet

scruff

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

re. msg. 5

Hector

Can you post the URL of the thread in question.

I for one have not seen it. Maybe this is true for others too.

Has it now slipped down the list of threads?

scruff

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

re msg. 9

I've just re read msg. 1 & realised that Feyzi Hansel wrote on NCFP & not on this BB.

He does refer to this board though & I think he should have posted his apology on here too.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Ismet Msg 8

Yes, please reimburse all my monies which you've taken for doing Jack shit!

Richard

elko2

Message Posted:
11/10/2009 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

msg. 11

Who me?

ismet

Stewart

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Hi...not sure wether it is all the lawyers fault, some. perhaps so.... perhaps it is the system?...so complicated, time consuming, along with the VAT office acting illegally....perhaps the System should be streamlined, thereby making purchasing and selling an uncomplicated affair?.....wot u think?

Hector

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

"Hi...not sure wether it is all the lawyers fault, some. perhaps so.... perhaps it is the system?...so complicated, time consuming, along with the VAT office acting illegally....perhaps the System should be streamlined, thereby making purchasing and selling an uncomplicated affair?.....wot u think? "

The lawyers/estate agents/politicans etc.have been well aware of the problems for years and yet have failed (apart from the law re registering of contracts protection) to do anything about it whilst money was being made. The lawyers could have warned off their clients from buying property in the circumstances but chose not to do so it appears. I think the saying 'shutting the gate after the horse has bolted' is apt, or should it be 'shutting the gate after the cash cow has bolted'?

The response rate is still puzzling. Do I smell fear?

Brinsley

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Ismet Msg 12

No, not you, silly! The two Advocates which I've already named, shamed and reported etc etc. who stole my money!

Richard

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks to Hector for making this article available to us on 44.

I think Ismet in msg 8 hits the nail on head. We have heard lots of promises before but nothing has happened. Scruff has been through all this for, what probably feels like a lifetime and can see no end to their problems by what was said on Friday.

However I think the gentlemen on the top table on Friday were a little shaken by the laughter and "tittering" at a couple of points.

I have linked a few things together recently, starting with our own solicitor who along with the rest of the crooks were apparently given a roasting by the new head judge. So may be there is a small chink of light at the end of the tunnel although most of us will receive no help as laws will not be enacted retrospectively.

David

Brinsley

Message Posted:
12/10/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Cyprusishome

Welcome to bandit Country! The Turks try so hard to show they are so different to the Greeks but emulate them when it comes to show who is more proficient in corruption!

Richard

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.