North Cyprus Tourist Board - Spaces Available For Overland Pet Transport Back to UK
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Spaces Available For Overland Pet Transport Back to UK

Spaces Available For Overland Pet Transport Back to UK

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

Codger

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

We have arranged for our 15 dogs and 3 cats to be transported back to the UK on the 17th April this year and then into quarantine at kennels near to Chesterfield.

The company doing the trip are 'Animal Couriers' a DEFRA licensed animal courier company who have a vehicle which can carry 20 dogs/cats. They have already completed one trip to North Cyprus and did not have any problems.

There will be space on the vehicle for two dogs/cats and the cost will be £300 per pet for the journey to Dover. From Dover the pets will be transported in the same vehicle to the quarantine kennels for an additional cost of either £15 or £20 per pet, only other expense may be a 25 euro charge made by the ferry company and quarantine charges.

The pets MUST have a pet passport from a TRNC vet ( no forged, backdated or altered documents will be accepted ) to enable them to travel through Europe.

If you are interested please contact us 0533 861 9946 for further details and PLEASE NO TIME WASTERS

Codger

tracy

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Hi Roger, could you please let me know if they would take my dog to Cyprus on the outward journey to pick up yours in April we are looking to go at the end of March by car.

Thank you Tracy

malsancak

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

"PETS compliant animals travelling from north Cyprus (the area north of the Buffer Zone) must be licensed into quarantine for 6 months on arrival in the UK. "

Codger

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Hello Tracy

If you are interested phone this number and ask for Julia, if you mention the trip here for the 17th April she will advise you. On the last trip here they did drop off animals in Europe en-route so there should be no problem in bringing one here. http://www.animalcouriers.com Tel 01483 200 123

Malsancak

Read my post again it clearly states that the animals will be going into quarantine and that anybody taking their pets on this trip will have quarantine costs.

Codger

Queen180

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

This seems a very reasonable service to get your pets back to the UK perhaps more owners will now take them with them and not abandon them here! How much is the quarantine in the UK and for how long?

Codger

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Hello Queen

Quarantine for the full period is 184 days.

Probably the best quarantine kennels in the UK, due to the layout of the kennels, charge for this year £245 per month for a medium dog plus £70 one off for the vets examination and a rabies jab, all prices are subject to VAT.So the approx price of 6 months quarantine is £1810 including VAT.

They are allowed to board up to three dogs per kennel/run, if you put two in a kennel there is a 15% discount and if you put three in a kennel there is a 25% discount.

Yes why do the B's here dump the animals, is it because they are cretins with no compassion ?

I feel a lot better now

Codger

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Codger ,

My utmost respect for your devotion to your animals. We have gone through the process of sending our pet back and so people can compare the prices I hope you dont mind me posting our charges on here as a comparrison.

Flights from Ercan to Heathrow 950 TL

Transport from Heathrow to Quarintine in Cheshire £400 (this included airport /quarintine taxes)

Total time from Ercan to Kennels 8 and 1/2 hrs

Medium sized Dog Quarintine boarding for 6 months £3162 including heating

Travelling in Numbers obviously brings the cost down.

Hope all goes well for you and your Pets.

Queen180

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Just enquiring as I took in a cyprus poodle in September as a kindhearted gesture to look after him until the owners reclaimed him or I could rehome him. I assume he has been left behind as I still have him. He is adorable and very well behaved. Personal circumstances may soon force me to return to the Uk. I have no idea what I will do.....

malsancak

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Codger, some people might not realise that the quarantine period is still 6 months and needed to be added to the price when deciding to transport animals. This PETS quarantine rule only applies to UK, Ireland, Malta and Sweden. I believe KAR used to transport pets to quarantine free Germany at one point and somehow they travelled on from there to the UK and you avoided having your pet shut away for 6 months, often 100s of miles from your home. I believe this is no longer possible and so the type of service Codger is offering is probably now the only way to bring a dog into the UK.

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Msg 9 read message Msg 7 this took place December 2009.I posted to give people the difference between overland and flights.

Seems also there is a big variation in prices for kennels depending which part of the country you live

BB

tracy

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Thank you Roger

Regards Tracy

Codger

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Just to clarify message 9

I am NOT offering a service just two available spaces in the vehicle which our pets will be using for transportation back to the UK.

Quarantine to be arranged by the other owner/s and a guide to prices has been given in 6 and 7

Codger

Maz

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

A big thank you for all thi s info, which can be shared around. One is constantly asked about getting animals back to U.K and this info means that more people maybe encouraged to do so.

Personally I think my dog would die from 6 months in quarantine so I am stuck here with her (not such a bad thing), but if I HAD to return to U.K, it is good to know how my dog (and two cats) would fare.

Incidentally, if one has, as I do, one dog and two cats who live together, might I assume they could all share a cage in kennels???

Good luck to all of you who are returning to U.K, and may you be blessed for taking your animals and not abandoning them as so many seem to do.

Texas

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

I know it's illegal, but if humans are smuggled from North to South, it must be possible to do it with pets.

If you managed to do this, then got your pet a Pet passport from a ROC vet, what would be the procedure.

I could have simply asked: "what is the procedure for someone living in the South, wanting to return with their pet", but I'm sure someone would have put 2 and 2 together.

Maz

Message Posted:
11/01/2010 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

You are right Texas. People do. What I THINK is the procedure is that there is a vet in the south who will give a passport. You tghen ship the animal from here to France - no problem. Stay in France a while and you can take the animal to U.K as within Europe and no quarantine. It makes sense because our dogs here all have micro chips, and the blood test for rabies is carried out in scotland, so really our pets are suffering from Embargoes !

However, like all systems, if this were to get abused, it would probably get the door shut on it.

Smuggling animals over the border is EXTREMELY difficult. I know the former Vicar did it. He put his cat under his cassock and drove over as he took over Paphos parish. Now I have a cassock if anyone wants to borrow it, but beware - you may be in the same category as I, guaranteed to get caught!

somkeone in the south has a pet passport valid in Europe and can take their animals to U.K quarantine free. Life is jsut NOT fair, is it!

Texas

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 10:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

I have often seen the odd cat strolling along the Ledra Street crossing!

No pet passport.

No visa slip.

No residency.

No customs interested in his/her belongings!

everon

Message Posted:
12/01/2010 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

I bet the cats are all going to Ikea!!!!!!!!!

Hilary

Message Posted:
05/03/2011 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

I presume the trip has been completed now? I would be very interested to hear any feedback on the company, Animal Couriers. Would you recommend them?

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
05/03/2011 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Codger, you are to be congratulated, you are truly a pet lover unlike the people who make up feeble excuses as to why they cannot take their pets with them.

We have heard all the excuses such as I cannot afford it, I am going to live in rented accommodation and pets are not allowed the excuses are endless.

Lilli

Message Posted:
05/03/2011 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

I got all excited when I saw this, then realised the orginal post is an old one. Does this service still exist please. x

flightholiday

Message Posted:
05/03/2011 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Lilli Msg 20 - email me with details and I will contact them as I ahve quite a few clients who might be interested. (Remind me of the thread details. I have no way of recording it on the computer I'm using tonight.)

Tom info@flightholiday.co.uk

flightholiday

Message Posted:
05/03/2011 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Happy 2 - Msg 18 - the journey is due for 17th April so not done as yet.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.