North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkish Driving License
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkish Driving License

Turkish Driving License

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

rosieposie

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 09:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Does anyone know the correct procedure in order to obtain a Turkish driving license, ie what paperwork is required, which office to visit etc?

Thanks

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

For a Turkish driving licence I imagine you would have to apply in mainland Turkey.

Unless you mean a Turkish Cypriot licence?

Baspinar Bob

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

rosieposie

Presumebly you need a TRNC driving license,if so you need your UK license, two passport photos , your residency, and money . i think you have to go to Lefcosa for your first license.If you mean a Turkish license i wouldn't have a clue.

Bob.

Pippie

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hi rosieposie, I expect you meant a TRNC licence. It's just as Baspinar Bob said. There's a form to fill in in the office - pretty straight forward but if you're a bit rusty, take a dictionary with you! tho' nice, no one speaks a word of English! You will also need your passport with you and a copy to give to them. Mine cost 300TL for a 5 yr licence. I was in the office for around 3/4 hr then given a slip of blue paper which you should carry with you as your temporary licence, and told to go back a week later to collect the new licence, which took all of 2 or 3 minutes.

Pippie

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I went to Lefkoşa office - straight on at the big roundabout, heading towards Merit Hotel, left at the Turkcell main office, there's a carpark on the left hand side approx. 100 yds on where you can park and all the official offices are in a block opposite. You go through one of the doors around the middle of the block and upstairs to the office to make the application (you need Gelir ve Vergi Diaresi - this is also the name you make the cheque out to!). When you collect the licence you go in to an office on the ground floor a couple of doors away where they give out the licences. Good luck!

rosieposie

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Yes I mean a TRNC license, thats excellent, thank you for your help!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.