North Cyprus Tourist Board - In and out form from Girne policestation
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > In and out form from Girne policestation

In and out form from Girne policestation

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mikeythespark

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Our container is arriving in Famagusta at the end of the month. Can anyone advise me if i can get my in and out form for this from Girne police station or will I need to trvel to Nicosia? Many thanks in advance.

Sparky

Jachin

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

I have to go to Lefkosa every time.

matula

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

You have to go to customs at Lefkosa which your shipper will arrange. Usually you have to meet their rep. in the Astro car park. Good luck.

Pippie

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

I walked in to Girne police station for mine, they gave me a form to complete and told me to go back a couple of hours later. You'll need to get a letter from your Mukhtar too confirming that you live in their vicinity - if you're renting for example, take your rental contract with you (make sure it's been stamped by the tax office, if not chase your rental company up (that was what I had to do)).

As Matula said, there will also be a visit you need to make to Customs in Lefkoşa once the container has arrived and which your shipping company will organise - I met someone who took me in there and sorted whatever needed sorting - remember to have copies of everything with you.

Ladyinwaiting

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

As Pippie said 'ins & outs' forms are processed at Girne police station, arrive at 0800 as there is usually a big queue and they will only deal with a few a day, you must also take you own stamps with you or you will get turned away. Passport, contract & Mukhtar's letter required, then you call back in the afternoon to collect the 'ins & outs'. It is essential to make at least 4 copies of everything including passports as customs in Lefkosa will ask for these. Good luck.

LIW

Maz

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Mmmmm! i MUST BE ON A DIFFERENT PLANET. For just my Ins and oUTS FORMS I went in the afternoon. The office is open a.m. for immigration applications, but the afternoon they are still there doing paperwork. Maybe it was my lucky day, but they processed mine while I was having an interesting chat with some of the police there.

But for getting goods in, there is obviously other paper work required. As I say, for the ins and outs as one issue, try doing what i did.

The worse thing that can happen is that you will be told to go away and go back another day!

Tootie

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

I took a friend in on Monday and all she needed was her Passport, Didn't ask for anything else except 6.50tl stamp that you can buy from driving school next door. (for 10tl)

Took 1hr, this was 10.30 Monday morning and no queue.

mikeythespark

Message Posted:
07/04/2010 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Thank you all for your helpful comments. I will try Girne first and if I have a problem then will head to Nicosia.

Hope the sun is shining as cold and gloomy here, but only for another 9 days LOL

Sparky

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.