North Cyprus Tourist Board - Trnc - taxation
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Trnc - taxation

Trnc - taxation

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Avril

Message Posted:
08/07/2007 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi,

I've been trying to locate information on TRNC Income and Corporation tax etc. So far, all I've located is summary information within property sellers websites. I would be grateful if anyone could advise which tax law presides in the TRNC and if anyone is able to provide a website address or the name of a study textbook (written in english).

Thanks.

desert rose

Message Posted:
09/07/2007 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

That is something ive been trying to find out too... And it is driving me up the wall! I have information from the TRNC office london about taxes etc for importing goods, there are different rates for different things. But it doesnt state what these things are. Ive contacted the Chamber of commerce/ Chamber of Industry etc in the TRNC - and no reply... :-( Im sure once I get over to the TRNC my solicitor will help with this but I wanted to find out before hand..

x

desert rose

Message Posted:
09/07/2007 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Corporation tax is (i think) 23%. Income tax??

x

Kitty1

Message Posted:
09/07/2007 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I think deductions come out at round about 16-17% of monthly salary - income tax, national insurance and something else but I can't remember what! It may of course be graduated like in the UK according to salary bracket, but again, I don't know for sure. Corporation tax is a lot lower than the UK.

Avril

Message Posted:
09/07/2007 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for that. I've already asked my solicitor but he advises finance is not his fortie. I was considering contacting GAU as I reckon they may offer courses on this (hopefully a correspondence one will be available as I'm not moving to TRNC until next summer). Thanks for posting replies to my query.

Av

breezyboy

Message Posted:
10/07/2007 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Will be interesting to see results of this although I dont need to think about retiring to our house in TRNC for a few years yet. I have seen figures on NC forums but it is very hard to backtrack any of their threads.

I can tell you that tax on interest on a savings account is deducted at source at 8%. It was 7% until earlier this year. But as they pay between 15 and 18% it hardly makes much difference.

Breezyboy

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.