North Cyprus Tourist Board - Car Hire for 20yr Olds !
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Car Hire for 20yr Olds !

Car Hire for 20yr Olds !

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Car Hire in North Cyprus

cazim

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hello all,

I need to hire a car, but the ship inn seems to have no availability from the 21st August for a week or two!

I wonder if anyone knows of any companies that don't mind renting to younger people!

Cheers

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
12/08/2008 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

25 is the age limit for rental cars, not just here but world wide. There are odd companies that might consider it but the insurance will be prohibitive.

The highest rate of accidents and injuries is in the 18 - 25 age group so cannot blame rental companies and their insurers not wanting that risk

sebaveron4

Message Posted:
09/09/2008 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Craig

I am in the same boat as you in looking for a car hire firm to rent a car to someone under 25 (in my case I am 22). If you have heard of any one who does please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

twaddle

Message Posted:
09/09/2008 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

It would be a good idea to speak to the individual companies. There is nothing to stop the car hire companies hiring to under 25s. My son hired a car last year aged 19 and my daughter and her friends hired this year at 18 years of age. It would be wrong for me to name the company that we used as the owner was doing us a bit of a favour but ask around and you may be suprised.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

We heard you dont have to be 25 any more. Try some of the hire car companies and ask what the age limit is.

Turtle

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

There is a place in Alsancak, Severna I think they call it on the main road on the left heading out to Lapta.

Some friends of ours hired a car from him and allowed a 19 year old to drive it on the same insurance.

Worth a try!

flightholiday

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

The company we use has on occasion let us take on less experienced drivers - we would need to know more to assist (off board).

Tom

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 08:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Probably does not matter to some people about hiring cars and certainly does not bother the rental companies. The issue of insurance.

One company already mentioned only has 3rd party cover for all their vehicles and if you have an accident you are lumbered with the full costs. I believe the insurers of all the rental companies only offers cover from age 25. So again if the under age has an accident you are up the creek without a paddle.

It is all very well circumventing "the system" think of the consequences. It would seem that many people go away on holiday and forget all of the things they would do in England.

I know I am like a stick record to some on this topic, but when you end up in ITU do not go out asking for help to pay the bills. Your personal holiday insurance will be void if you have driven without legal insurance. No good blaming the rental company, remember you are the one who should have checked the very small print.

puppylover

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 08:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

cyprusishome....

Have to agree with you on this one.

I think people have to remember that this is not the UK and the penalties are a lot stiffer than back home.

You have to ask yourself when contemplating the risks on this....Is it worth it?

As you say holiday insurances are very strict when paying out on a claim and if you are not covered in the case of an accident you can end up paying more for treatment than you paid for your holiday...if you live to make a claim that is.

This is not meant to frighten people but it is a known fact that the driving standards here in TRNC are not on par with the UK.

Baspinar Bob

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Judy The driving standards in the trnc have deteriated since 25/8/08 lol .

Bob

puppylover

Message Posted:
10/09/2008 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Aah Bob....how can you be sooo cruel?

For those who are not aware.....25/08/08 was the date I and my hubby passed our driving tests here in the TRNC.

At 47 I had never driven before so it was a challenge to say the least.

We have owned our new car for 12 days now and yesterday I took our daughter's to Morphou for a trip out...and I got there and back in one piece!!!

Bob.....what's your address in Lapta and is your boundry wall well built?.....still need to practise some of my manouvers!!!

Have a good day all.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.