North Cyprus Tourist Board - another one bites the dust ( airline that is )
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > another one bites the dust ( airline that is )

another one bites the dust ( airline that is )

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Littlenige

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Taken from Yahoo news today and another bb

Second travel company bust

A second British tour operator has gone bust days after the collapse of XL Leisure sent the travel industry into turmoil.

The north London-based firm primarily organises package tours to Turkey through flights chartered through Onur Air.

The CAA said holidaymakers were covered by the Atol protection scheme, and that it was rechartering planes from Onur to ensure that disruption was kept to a minimum.

A spokesman for the regulator said: "We will be organising for those people affected to complete their holiday as planned and come back to the UK as planned."

But it will prove a further headache, coming at a time when the CAA is in the process of airlifting thousands of people affected by XL's collapse.

It will also mean that 460 people who have future holidays booked through K&S will see their travel plans dashed.

They will be entitled to a full refund through the Atol scheme, the CAA said.

jackeen

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

I have heard this news also. For the last two years my sister and me have booked our holidays to Turkey with this company. I chose it as it was only across the road from the place where I worked. We always had good holidays. I know that people will be brought back but its the headache for them not knowing when. K & S wont be the last unfortunately.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.