North Cyprus Tourist Board - how to get married in the trnc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > how to get married in the trnc

how to get married in the trnc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

cypruschauffer

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

i was told i have to go to the trnc office in london befor i can get married.seems very strange as i live here.....anyone know anything????

nomad1977

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

log on to Naomi Mehmets website, you can get the answer from her to this there for free. http://www.nmplegal.com

KAVENKOY

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

if you go on almond village web site

http://www.almond-holidays.com/

they did some last year whilst i stayed there ,they know a wedding planner as well ,they arrange from there side if you need hotel etc and the wedding planner sorts venues ,cars etc .....this particular time when i stayed the wedding was at abbey and almond had the reception .

hope it helps

kav

kezspot

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 09:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

hi yes it is a difficult process, you have to get a solicitors letter from uk to say you are single,or if you have been married before,a letter to say you are divorced.Then you have to go to the turkish embassy in london to get a stamp put on them (both of you have to go) then when you get back here you have to go to the foreign affairs ministry in lefcosa,to get more stamps,before finally going to the registry office in town to finalise your booking.

The process is a complete nightmare i'm affraid, the embassy in london are very helpful, so may be worth giving them a call, as the registry office in town wasn't!

Alternative cheaper option, get married in south, in registry office,and have a blessing this side!

Good luck,x

Kitty1

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Kezspot is "spot on" there...some friends of mine had booked Kybele in Bellapais for their wedding over a year in advance, but this year in June ended up just having a blessing and the reception there (which was lovely) and actually doing the legal bit over the border in Nicosia, as getting the legal side done here was so complex and involved a trip to London. Also bear in mind that if you still want to have the full legal ceremony here, you can't do it on a Saturday as the registrars don't work on Saturdays. No-one mentioned that to my freinds when they booked the venue, so that also added anthother complication to the whole process!

fire starter

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

i'm relieved to hear its so difficult. a friend of our is having a romance with a woman he has only know for 2 weeks and they are talking of marriage. his family back in the uk are horrified as are his friends. sounds like we have got plenty of time to talk him out of it. nothing seems to be working right now. hes in love! (with a gold digger)

no fool like an old fool.

Pools

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

hi cypruschauffer,

Your relatives in london can assist you,they will just need a papers of singleness with the stamp from turkeys embassy in london,send it here in cyprus and get stamp from turkish embassy again in nicosia,they will be needing your birth certificate, residence certificate in here as well.

Goodluck for both of you guys.

kezspot

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

hi pools, don't think relatives can help in london, you have to go their in person. This was the case 2yrs ago anyway when I had to go.

Pools

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

i see,i thought its possible since ive done desame thing when i get married.maybe turkish embassy policiy is not desame on my country.please excuse me.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.