North Cyprus Tourist Board - builders electric why? why? why?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > builders electric why? why? why?

builders electric why? why? why?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

jimbo

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Can someone enlighten me on the old chestnut of builders electric.Why does it take so long to transfer to normal electric?Why do we have to have builders electric? Why is it sooooo expensive?because i am serious doubts wether i have done the right thing in investing all my life savings in nc

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Because it just is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Jimbo, as someone who has been on it for over 2 years and have spent hours talking at Kib Tec, with builder, with solicitor, PCO, with the several bottles of Efes etc there is no logical answer.

If you have done the right thing investing here, only time will tell. I think the majority who see the process through are very happy. It is all the c*** in between.

jimbo

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

cyprusishome.

What excuse do all the people you have spoken too give for this and does other countries have this problem or is it a n cyprus issue

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

We have given up fighting the system for now and just going to await the natural process, if there is one!

Excuses, lies, misinformation, new government legislation (that is favourite one) you could write a book I am afraid.

We love this country and have no intention of leaving but sometimes .....gggrrrrr..... It is amazing when you go into public offices and nobody speaks English. Yet when you speak to, or see many of the civil servants outside of work environment the speak good English.

I cannot blame the staff at the sharp end, same as in UK, they are like mushrooms ( an old one I know) kept in the dark and have s*** thrown over them regularly. Most of time these people do not know what the latest legislation is so when you ask a question they do not want to give an answer in case it is wrong.

So from me jimbo, I cannot fairly answer positivly just give empirical answers.

jimbo

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Have another efes cyprusishome and thanks.

brandy sour

Message Posted:
14/10/2008 01:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

We have heard to day that kibtec are turning up tomorrow to install our meters we wait with hope will not tell you where just in case they get mugged for them.

ozankoys

Message Posted:
14/10/2008 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

If Kibtek can enforce people to use electricity at approx 1 ytl per unit is there any wonder they do not make it easy to transfer to the domestic meter where the rates commence at approx 1/3 that price?

jimbo

Message Posted:
15/10/2008 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Is there anyone who can explain the questions in the first post

Groucho

Message Posted:
15/10/2008 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

The reason it's so expensive is I am told so that it encourages the participants in question to get their fingers out and get the electrical inspection done and the meters paid for...

We went and hassled the projects man in the Girne office (on left as you go in - take a ticket machine on the right as you go in and wait for your number to be called)... Say you want to pay for your own meter and ask what is stopping this from happening...

He will probably tell you the fault lies with your builder who has not done the necessary first steps to split the plots for meters... it may well be true...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.