North Cyprus Tourist Board - New speaker for Mosque or weather conditions - soooo loud!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New speaker for Mosque or weather conditions - soooo loud!

New speaker for Mosque or weather conditions - soooo loud!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
19/06/2011 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Has anyone living seaside in Karsiyaka noticed how extremely loud the mosque sounds at the moment. My husband is convinced he saw a new pole going up and thinks there is a loudspeaker on it for the call to prayer. It is a second or two in front of the Karsiyaka mosque so not an echo.

It sounds like our house has been moved next door to the Mosque.

Info anyone?

Lilli

Message Posted:
19/06/2011 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Sue we were at friends last night in Kayala , It was so loud. They told me its transmitted from Leftkosia. The strangest thing happened though. Their neigbours dog came round to join us and joined in with the call. He didnt miss a beat x. Not wishing to decry this moment for anyone but it seems he sits and waits for it all prayer times to join in. x

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
19/06/2011 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Golly, has no-one else noticed? Lilli, not sure its transmitted from Lefkosia because in Girne it seems to be a different voice singing. If it was transmitted it would surely be the same?

Wish he could sing. For years the singer/caller in Girne (Turkish Quarter) had a lovely voice and was very melodious, now its not very nice at all, almost strident. In fact, does anyone live near a Mosque where the singer/caller has a lovely voice?

Not complaining, please don't anyone think I am and respond with nastiness, we have our church bells, you have your muezzin. I am just interested.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
20/06/2011 07:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Yorgo, do you know?

nostradamus

Message Posted:
20/06/2011 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Have to say that a Turkish Cypriot friend complained to Lapta Belediye about the racket from the mosques here. He was told that they had turned up the sound so that Turkish people living at a distance could hear it. Over the years that I have been here, as more mainlanders have arrived here the mosques have got louder and louder. Draw your own conclusions!

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
20/06/2011 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Well, we never had a difficulty hearing the Karsiyaka Mosque in the first place and anyone further away from us is probably in a fishing boat on the sea!

It is incredibly loud but guess what........they have found a better singer, it was lovely today, really tuneful. So many blessings on the Imam

YFred

Message Posted:
20/06/2011 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

If you enjoy the singing of an Imam, I think you should get your ears checked. Surely there is something inherently wrong there, no matter how good his voice.

Alahu Ekber.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.