North Cyprus Tourist Board - Disturbance or not around the Malpas?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Disturbance or not around the Malpas?

Disturbance or not around the Malpas?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book Malpas Hotel

MedOne

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

This message is really a plea for feedback from people who live around the Malpas area in Çatalköy.

I am thinking about moving to a place up the road from the Malpas. I called down to the house last night (around midnight) to check out the area for loud noise/barking dogs etc.

Sure enough music was blaring out from the Malpas. Inside the car with the windows shut I thought may be, apart from the 'bang, bang, bang' of the beating drums I could probably put up with that.

But a friend of mind who lives at the other end of Çatalköy has told me that she has heard banging drums going on until around 3am sometimes, although she wasn't sure if it it was coming from the Malpas.

Does anyone know:

a) how often do the Malpas have loud music playig out (e.g., is it certain days of the week and just in the summer perhaps)

b) do they switch it off at a respectable hour or carry on playing until the early hours of the morning?

c) how much of a nuisance is it?

Thanks

dandd3

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Its now the summer so there wıll be alot of partıes ... legally there aloud to play loud musıc tıll 5 am ın clubs

philbailey

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Msg2, clever play on words lol

Pippie

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

I spoke to someone a few months back who told me their house was almost side by side with the Malpas after the Malpas had built an extension up to their land. They complained that so many nights there was loud music coming from the hotel. They had complained to the authorities (whoever that was) who had sent someone to check the level of the noise but then reported that it was within the legal threshold. But the family had brought in an independent person to check the levels recorded from inside their house and said that the noise level was 3 times higher than it was legally allowed to be. As far as I know they hit a brick wall when trying to get anything done about it.

Guess it's something to do with 'who you know' again!!

But if the noise is so bad, why haven't the neighbours clubbed together to complain (strength in numbers and all that), or is it not really so unbearable?

Fawkes

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

hi san syndrome many may brits do not want to put their head above the parapet, they are happy to snip on forums where they can remain anonymous but ask them to stand up and be seen to be complaining they will give a thousand excuse why they should not complain but you go a head and complain we will support you.

spud50

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

We live behind the Malpas. About 200m away. They do play music mainly at the weekend and sometimes have a firework display. The music is loud when we sit on the terrace but usually when we go to bed and close doors and windows, the noise is not excessive and we can sleep. We have 2 dogs who would bark if the noise was too loud.

hattikins

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Fawkes, can I ask, is English your first language?

cavalryman

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

OOh nasty he might type too fast

Deniz1

Message Posted:
30/07/2011 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

I live near the Malpas too and its not too bad and usually ends at 12pm. The loudest is from the Cornaro Beach club which can be heard in the village about 3km away and it goes on until 5 am sometimes but only in summer.

MedOne

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks for your replies, that puts my mind at rest a little.

Deniz1, the noise from Cornaro Beach, would you say that tends to be that every night of the week during the summer, or just say on a Friday night?

Deniz1

Message Posted:
31/07/2011 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Normally Cornaro noise is Friday and Saturday.

mikeythespark

Message Posted:
02/08/2011 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Medone,

we live very near to Malpas and the music they play never goes on until late, finishes by 12pm latest and it is normally quite pleasant to listen to. You will get noise from Cornaro who have a disco every friday and Saturday, they have toned things down a tad, but not much, they start around midnight and go on until 3,4 am it varies. However in this heat your doors are closed and air con/fan is on and we can't hear a thing.

Last year was worse but it seems to have improved a little, all I can say is maybe it is the many phone calls the police receive from locals every week, just keep badgering, look at Shayna, they were bad last yr but have now moved their disco down to the beach and we can't hear a thing, wish Cornaro would do the same.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.