North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cyprus Sun Newspaper "North Cyprus"
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cyprus Sun Newspaper "North Cyprus"

Cyprus Sun Newspaper "North Cyprus"

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Rocker

Message Posted:
30/08/2011 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi some weeks ago I read on the Forum about this news paper and ever since have been looking for it, anyone know if its still printed and if so where is it sold. Thanks. Not in any shops east of Girne upto and including Economy.

Rocker

Marion

Message Posted:
04/09/2011 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

There was one copy out a week late and nothing since. This was done by Birol bebek's office but by his new Editor Nick Hudson, who I believe has now left the island, so presumably Birol's employ as well, so Ii doubt there will be another! Story was that Nick is ill, and so needed to be back in U.K, although it was said his mother was ill. so, it seems one disaster led to another.

so, ~Rocker, unless Birol decides to do a second copy, you won't find one. The first edition was out end July and was meant to be fortnightly. So, you will have to stick to reading other papers while you are here!

Marion

Message Posted:
04/09/2011 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Maybe your question should be 'Where is the Editor?' and the answer would appear to be 'gone, gone, gone'

kittyfun

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Did i not read somewhere that somebody went into Tempo to buy the first edition and they wanted 6tl for it even though it was marked as 2tl

Mambosun

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

six tl for something that does not exist sounds like the best deal on the island a lot have paid much more for nothing in the property market

Marion

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Yes, message 4, siomeone did go in to one of the supermarket,s who obviously thought it was the u.JK Sun and wanted to charge the 6tl for that, and I think the real price was 1.50tl. So not a bargain there! But loved message 5, even though of course it was tongue-in-cheek!?

One thing I have learned here is that things come and go faster than the weather!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.