North Cyprus Tourist Board - Gas water heater or electric?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Gas water heater or electric?

Gas water heater or electric?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

maruby95

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Does anyone know the process for converting from an electric immersion water heater to a gas water heater? Do you know anyone who does it or the approximate cost? How about pros and cons to gas vs. electric?

thanks!

Groucho

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Given that in the UK the back-up water heating system is nearly always and electric immersion heater could you please explain why you think this would be preferable?

If you are having problem with an immersion heater the solution is probably to get it sorted rather than go a different route altogether.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Gas ones un affected by a power cut thyat may be the reason?

Tango1

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Am I right in thinking that it is possible to buy something that resembles the old Ascot gas heaters here?

waddo

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

I fitted an external gas water heater into my hot water system - simple job, just broke into the pipe that supply's the hot water from the hot water tank on the roof and re-routed it through the external gas water heater - I then had hot water coming down from the hot tank (supplied by the solar panels) into the inlet side of the gas water heater, if the temp of the water supplied was too low then the boiler fired up and heated the water up to the temp I had set. Never used the immersion heater again!

In the depths of winter when the solar panels do not provide enough hot water I was using an 11Kg gas bottle on this system about every 14-17 days. Then I moved house!!!

Fitted the same thing to the new house without problems - apart from minor temp setting probs - and used a similar amount of gas last winter.

Quick answer is yes you can buy them, have them fitted or fit yourself and they work out cheaper than electric - also you only run out of hot when you run out of gas!!! Bon

rimed_trading

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Generally heating with gas economical than electric.and it's usefull, every time hot water is ready just a few second.but when you are buying this heater you need the check quality.because some brands nearly 700 tl some of them 350.If you have got a question I can help you.

andrew4232

Message Posted:
08/09/2011 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

mess#3 i think you may find they are effected with power cuts as most of them work on a pressurised system

hawkeye

Message Posted:
08/09/2011 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

you need electric to power up the gas!!!!!!

basheer

Message Posted:
08/09/2011 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

you have a choice as i have now

after several element issues i decided to install the gas hot point and when ever i need hotwater instantly during the cloudy days i just changed the connection to gas visa vesa

the last thing is when you need hot water to bathe during the winter months and your element decides to pack up remember you have high levels of alkaline which in the end packs up at the wrong time

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.