North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus Charities
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus Charities

North Cyprus Charities

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Oliwadza

Message Posted:
27/11/2011 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Just wanted to find out are there any charities here In TRNC, that one could donate to or do some voluntary work, any children's homes e.t.c, info would be greatly appreciated ......oh n I have noticed it's the norm on this forum for some people to offer sarcasm...please if you can stay on topic in question..kind regards..

brother

Message Posted:
28/11/2011 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

There is the cancer charity - I'm sure they would be grateful for a donation ( http://www.khyd.org/contact.html)

flightholiday

Message Posted:
28/11/2011 00:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Two deserving ones I can think of SOS branches in Girne & Nicosia and Cheshire Homes in Girne - I am sure there are more and if you have nursing or "home help" skills ask Chris NurseAwful on this BB.

negativenick

Message Posted:
28/11/2011 04:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post deleted , rule 3 ............ Simbas

simbas

Message Posted:
28/11/2011 05:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Msg 4 , removed as per reason given

Simbas

magicart

Message Posted:
28/11/2011 06:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

My wife and I together with the rock group Pearl help to support the Kemal Foundation for Children with Leukaemia.

Our main aim is to raise vital funds but we do have a great deal of fun organising and attending the events.We are a small band of people who ensure that all proceeds go to the charity.

Hope this helps.

Art.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
28/11/2011 07:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

The type of work may also depend on your language skills. For example Help Those With Cancer Association/Tulips (which is a charity that I am involved with) does have a hospice in Lefkosa for adults and all the patients there are Turkish speaking, can you speak Turkish? The same would also apply to the Children's Home that the Association is trying to open before the end of the year.

If you cannot speak Turkish, then if you look around on this forum you will find alot of charities that require your help in fundraising.

If you are going to help any charity, please ensure it is a properly registered charity and let that charity know of your intentions if you plan to fund raise.

There are many deserving charities and you will have to decide which are closest to your heart and go for that one.

I help HTWCA/Tulips because they raise money to provide services to all nationalities ie they pay for the wages of the staff on the oncology unit in the state hospital, .....

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
28/11/2011 07:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

..... they pay for an oncologist to come from Turkey to run a weekly clinic, they will assist when trying to get consultations with consultants (in the TRNC, south Cyprus and Turkey if needed), they will assist whenever they can with the finance of treatment, they pay for nurses, dieticians, physiotherapists etc to visit those who cannot attend hospitals for treatment, they have home helpers for the terminally ill..................... the list is endless.

Please choose a charity that you feel the nearest to and you can't go wrong.

Also get in touch with nurseawful, she may be able to use your skills.

Lambousa Gordon

Message Posted:
28/11/2011 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Registered Charities off the top of my head:

Animal Charities: KAR (general), SPoT (Turtles), Kuskor (Birds), Karpaz Donkey Sanctuary

Cancer Charities: Tulips, NCCCT, Kemal Saracoglu Leukemia Foundation.

Children's Charities: SOS Homes, Children in Need.

Emergency Services: TKÖD (aka 112)

Old Persons: Lapta Old People's Home.

Rehabilitation & Welfare: Royal British Legion, Cheshire Homes.

Also various military benevolent funds English & Turkish, The Central Blood Bank.

Apologies to any I may have omitted.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.