North Cyprus Tourist Board - Another GC letter calling for partition
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Another GC letter calling for partition

Another GC letter calling for partition

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

Aussie

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Why get married if it will only end in divorce?

Sir,

Let’s take Mr. Rauf Dektash’s statement a step further and assume that two unwilling partners are forced to marry against their will. High probability is that very soon one of the partners will cheat and divorce is the result. A sad story for the offspring if this couple had time for one. If we assume that we are intelligent people, the question to be asked is: “Why do we want to get ourselves into a mess by forcing an issue knowing that it may not work?”

Since my childhood I grew up with the “Cyprus Problem” – a good half century. Isn’t it enough that we call it a day and get on with our lives? There have been so many high ranking global characters who tried to find a solution; none with success. Now we have allowed two amateur “comrades” to have a go. It is a joke!

Aussie

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

We must understand that birds of the same feather flock together. Thank you to George Georgiou writing from Australia also for pointing out the wishes of the majority that want separation but with good neighbourly ties. Is this such a bad idea? Let us not forget that we tried unification back in 1960. It lasted three years only!

Tamer Muftizade

Nicosia

Copyright © Cyprus Mail 2008

Sunday, December 21, 2008

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Good posting Aussie

'Birds of a feather do indeed flock together'

Again I ask Andre 514's question 'who is hyping it up?'

The key ambition should be, as this writer says, is to create good neighbourly ties.

IloveKKTC

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Neighbourly ties is the way forward, everyone sticks to there side of the fence and mows there own lawn, grows there own fruit.

Coachie

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

thats what the Irish did in the end... not alot of problems there now is there!!!!

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Coachie

'thats what the Irish did in the end... not alot of problems there now is there!!!!'

I am sure you said that tongue in cheek, despite what everyone wants to tell you the Irish problem is still bubbling away. There is still sectarianism and of course religion still plays a major part in the division of Ireland.

You might want to take a close look at this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/learning/eyewitness/sectarian/index.shtml

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
23/12/2008 01:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

re msg 5 Coachie...

Take it from someone from N.Ireland - with S.Ireland roots.. YES.. we can live side by side - but there are some areas where folk would rather catch the same bus from a different bus stop... :(

re 6 AJ.. It is not so long ago we had checkpoints, searches, bombs , sectarian tit-for tat killings and protection racketeers making many peoples' live miserable..

You are correct to say we ain't perfect, but if we can do it the Cypriots can.. it is too small an island to continue in this surreality..

This is why - for all the faults of the EU - I'd like TR in... with business ties comes contact and the relationship trickle down.

I can well remember some perfectly "normal" folk telling me that you could tell who was a Catholic as their eyes are closer together ! ... My ex was an RC and I don't have much time for ignorant folk....

There'll always be folk who will say GCs TCs better kept apart.. esp those who experienced sectarian violence / ethni

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
23/12/2008 01:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

(cont) .. ethnic cleansing..

BigBen

Message Posted:
23/12/2008 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

A lot of families from both side has lost loved ones between 1958 to 1974.

If you go into the grass rute on both side neither wants to be together.

The TC has since 1974 been living in peace, even with the embargoes are quite happy. They have tried to let buy gone be buygone, and have tried over the years to find a solution so that they can live side by side in peace with the GC.

The GC both at their schools and churches are teaching and preaching, hatrage, the new generation of GC like their ansesters are learning to hate the Turks.

Under this circumstanses it will be very difficult to find a lasting solution.

The best will be to agree to two state solution where GC are there and the TC are here. May be in centures to come they may learn to love each other. If that happens they can start talk to unit.

Coachie

Message Posted:
23/12/2008 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

mmmmmmm....I think you would have to admit that it is working a lot better than people thought it would. you will get the die hards in every walk of life but time will heal the wounds in Irelands case.,Not so sure about the Cyprus situation though..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.